Headquartered in New York City, LittleThings is the #1 digital lifestyle destination for women across generations. LittleThings employs a growing team of 100+ media professionals, creatives, and digital experts who create, scale, and distribute its engaging, meaningful programming. LittleThings has an unparalleled audience who view 130+ million monthly onsite videos and over 300 million distributed videos. In addition, LittleThings has 13 long-form programs broadcast on Facebook Live, LittleThings.com, and various OTT platforms.
We are looking for an experienced Editor to join our growing LittleThings editorial team, with a focus on editing ultra-shareable first-person pieces that capture various experiences, from wearing a bikini to the beach for the first time ever to trying out the new diet du jour for 30 days to see what really happens.
The role involves working with LittleThings staff writers and freelancers, producing several posts per day, and strategizing constantly with the LittleThings editorial team.
In this position, you will play a crucial role in building on LittleThings' voice, while finding new and unique ways to cover topics that LittleThings readers love.
- Lead the effort in producing first-person content across LittleThings’ many categories.
- Work with a mix of freelance writers and LittleThings' staff writers in order to publish multiple pieces per day.
- Find new and creative ways to engage LittleThings readers.
- Work with LittleThings writers and editors to help optimize content for SEO.
- Collaborate with LittleThings' video team on shareable videos that make sense as complements to first-person content.
- BA or BS degree.
- 3+ years of experience in digital media and at least 1+ years as an editor.
- A bottomless pit of ideas, a keen ear for voice and the ability to coach good writers into great writers.
- Knowledge of SEO best practices and experience doing keyword research.
- Experience working and managing freelance writers and in-house writers.
- Must possess the ability to be creative and level-headed in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Great communications skills, a positive attitude, and a collaborative working style are vital.
- Healthcare, dental, and vision plans
- 401K plan
- Generous 24 month anniversary gift
- Video games & Ping-Pong table
- Monthly happy hour
- Friday catered lunches
- Walking distance to Penn Station, Grand Central Station, & Herald Square subway
- Flexible vacation days
- Window-lined office
- Daily snacks, fruit, beverages, & organic coffee
- In-office Massages